About the job:
The Cloud Infrastructure (CI) team at Grubhub is responsible for building the frameworks and platform on which all services are built and operate along with building a number of key services. This team is at the core of implementing distributed, scalable system foundations and designing for 5 9’s uptime and horizontal scalability. The team is made up of Software Engineers and Site Reliability Engineers (SRE). The SREs focus on helping the team build reliable distributed systems that are easy to run, maintain and operate. The CI SRE team works across all teams at Grubhub to assist with design and architecture as well as providing guidance on the platform we have built. The CI SRE team also builds and maintains our deployment and self-service tooling and services, along with our Platform SRE team
• Own the platform services which include service discovery (Eureka), application routing and service configuration management
• Help build multi datacenter, performant and highly available services, and the frameworks to support them
• Build solutions to empower Software Engineers to make (safe) changes across our production environment. This includes our continuous delivery pipeline, command line tools, services, et cetera
• Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices, and new technologies. We are always improving the process of building software; we need you to help contribute
Tools we work with:
• Python and Java
• Jenkins and Spinnaker
• Datadog and Splunk
• Minimum 4+ years experience building complex distributed systems. In this role you are the one gravitating toward operational concerns of the team, focusing on reliability, performance, capacity planning and automation of everything.
• Minimum 4+ years building applications in Python (or a similar language)
• Deep knowledge of distributed systems; including distributed algorithms, service discovery and consistency models
• Experience with the JVM
• Deep understanding of Linux systems
• Experience with NoSQL databases such as Cassandra
• Exceptional communication and troubleshooting skills.
And Of Course Perks!:
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.