Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 21.2 million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 140,000 restaurants in 2,700 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Grubhub is looking for a Software Security Engineer to ensure that our applications are designed and implemented to the highest security standards. If you enjoy analyzing system services, networks, and applications from a security perspective and are skilled at discovering and addressing security issues that appear under new threat scenarios, this position may be a good fit for you.
· Identify and implement security fixes in our Ruby applications
· Participate in architecture, design, implementation, support, and evaluation of security-focused tools and services
· Participate in audits
· Participate in vulnerability testing and security reviews
· Participate in incident handling
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field, and 4+ years of relevant work experience
· Experience in application-level vulnerability testing and auditing
· Application security experience
· Experience and involvement with development team(s) that delivered commercial software or software-based services (development, QA testing, or security role)
· Experience with security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security
· Experience with threat modeling or other risk identification techniques
· Development experience in Ruby on Rails (preferred) and/or Java
· Experience with scripting (e.g. Python, Ruby, Unix shells)
Nice to have:
· Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
· Experience with service-oriented architecture and web services security
· Experience with the application of threat modeling or other risk identification techniques
· Detailed knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques, including penetration testing and the development of exploits
· Knowledge of network and web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols) is a plus
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.