The Engineering team includes 30+ contributors spread across five teams: Design, Mobile, Platform, POS, and White Label. We take pride in the utility of the products we have built and the craftsmanship of their implementations. On the Platform team, we embrace a flat hierarchy and pair junior developers with more senior mentors. Small pods often form to tackle high-priority projects, all of which benefit from thorough testing and code review.
Curious about current projects?
Here are some of the challenges that drive development for the Platform team:
- How can we improve the security of our systems without placing extra burdens on end users?
- When will our system reach its breaking point? What must be done now to push back that date?
- How do we keep our development cycles fast while improving reliability?
What you can pick up by working with us:
- Experience building and maintaining a large-scale, high-availability web application with an active and growing user base
- Confidence writing tests for high-risk functionality like financial transactions
- UI/UX design skills
- Mentorship of junior developers
- 4+ years professional software development experience with a modern back-end web framework like Django or Rails and a front-end framework like AngularJS or React
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful web service APIs
- Experience with relational database design fundamentals (PostgreSQL)
- Distributed version control experience with Git
- Team player with excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or ample real-world experience